Loop not being released to end of looped bit on Looped beds

Loop not being released to end of looped bit on Looped beds

Author
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
When we play a looped bed, pressing "GO" sends the bed to the start of the looped section and it will if left play out the remainder of the bed to the end rather than go to the end of the looped section and play the outro to the jingle as I thought it should.  I thought the solution was to press PLAY for the appropriate cart player that was playing the jingle and this seemed to work - well for me anyway, but for others it did the same as pressing GO.  When testing, I have had both ways of releasing the loop sometimes work and sometimes not work.

Is either of theee the wrong way to release the loop on a looped bed and is there a reason why either might not work?  A box that needs ticking? 

Neil
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)Forum Sage (59K reputation)

This problem is really strange.  Sometimes the loop is released and plays the ending of the bed as normal, and other times it just goes to the start of the loop and pressing GO goes to the next item.  There doesn't seem to be a pattern.  It happens when pressing GO on the screen or on the keyboard although I've yet to have seen a problem pressing play on the cart player with the mouse.  Is there something we are doing wrong?
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)

I know in previous versions it would need to have 'looped' at least once to enable you to hit play and it jump to the end.

Is it something to do with that?

ta - M

Matt Wade
Need Training or Consultancy for Broadcast Radio Software Products?
Get in touch
w: https://mattwadeonline.co.uk
e: training@mattwadeonline.co.uk
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

so if the loop hasn't played twice, it won't relase to the outro?  The answer maybe a shorter looped segment then?

(it wasn't like that on 2.6!)
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage
Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)Forum Sage (97K reputation)

certainly in a previous version if you loaded a looped cart into a cart player and hit play - you couldn't then hit play again until it had reached the loop point and gone back to the start of the loop again then you could press play to jump to the end.

worth an experiment just using the cart player and then see if same is seen when played from the log.

M

Matt Wade
Get in touch
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

I will experiment today - what you say makes sense but it wasn't noticible it was like that in 2.6 because we used the same jingles with the same loop length and never had a problem. 
Matt Wade
Matt Wade
Forum Sage

cool - let me know.

M

Matt Wade
Get in touch
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

Unfortunately sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and it doesn't seem to make any difference if the looped part has played through once!
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

Anyone any other suggestions?
neilogden
neilogden
Forum Sage

It definitely works sometimes but not others.
GO

Reading This Topic

Login
Existing Account
Email Address:

Password:

Select a Forum....

Broadcast Radio Forums

Search